Total Basset Case: Christmas Favorites!

Dec 22, 2011

Christmas Favorites!

I've seen this done on a couple blogs lately and thought it was fun! 

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. With about a 1,000 marshmallows.  Not a huge egg nog fan but the Mister sure is.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa always wraps, duh!

  3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?  White lights on the tree, always. I love white on houses but I also love those big, fat colored (old school) ones on houses. 

  4. Do you hang mistletoe? I have before but not this year.

  5. When do you put your decorations up? Much later than I would like to (ahem, Mister). But usually the week after Thanksgiving. 

 6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Well this is very hard but I would probably have to say my aunt's monkey bread that you put in the oven (turned off) over night and then bake in the morning. 

  7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? When I was 5 and my parents gave me my puppy, Princess. It was the first package I was supposed to open from Santa. Santa had wrapped the lid and box separately so I was supposed to just lift the lid off.  But I didn't know this...so I turned the box over. Insert tumbling puppy...oops!  I quickly turned the box back over and tada...best Christmas surprise ever!  

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't exactly remember, maybe 3rd grade-ish

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope! Everything is done on Christmas morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We put lots of sentimental ornaments on our tree and white lights!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love snow but hate when it causes problems with driving.

12. Can you ice skate? Um, I have before.  I wouldn't say that I am very good at it though.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? This is hard.  I'm not sure I can narrow it down.  My mom has always been an exceptional gift giver! Last year the Mister surprised me with a trip to New York for Christmas...that was prettty great!
 14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?  Special time with family, yummy treats and, of course, the presents are bad either :)

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Anything peppermint! And my mamaw used to make ritz crackers filled with peanut butter and dipped in white chocolate.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Waking up early to open my stocking and drink hot chocolate! 

17. What tops your tree? Sadly, nothing right now.  I have been on a ridiculous search for an angel to no avail. 

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Both! It's such a toss up but I really do love giving gifts and watching people open them!

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?  Yum!

20. Favorite Christmas show? It's a 2 way tie between Love Actually and The Holiday.

21. Saddest Christmas Song? The dumb one about the Christmas shoes.  That song that should be banned from the radio.

22. What is your favorite Christmas song?  Mariah Carey.  I have a super soft spot for Amy Grant too. 

So how about you?
What are some of your favorite Christmas memories?

7 comments:

Darby Hawley said...

Oh a pound of mallow in hot chocolate is the best :-)

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

That hot chocolate looks amazing!! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas! xo

Caitlin @ Hardly Housewives said...

Two things - first, I ALWAYS wanted a puppy for Christmas. Always always. You are lucky!

And secondly, I HATE that stupid shoes song too. I get mad when I hear it.

Dree said...

A puppy for Christmas?! Coolest present ever. I am totally a hot choc person, too. I love this! I did a post on Christmas traditions but I only managed three, lol.

Hilliary Meisner said...

Oh I have seen this and have been wanting to do it! Happy Holidays!

Katie said...

Definitely hot chocolate too!! I also love those old-school big colored lights for the outside...I really want to convince my husband to do this next year. AND, who doesn't wrap gifts?!?

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

Well, I see Santa played favorites! I asked for a darn puppy almost every year & never got one...LOL He did, however, bring me a hamster one year. I guess he was watching his budget that year:)