Total Basset Case: Greek Pasta Bake

Jul 11, 2011

Greek Pasta Bake

A few months ago I got an email from one of my aunt's friends asking if I wanted to exchange recipes with her on a monthly basis.  I jumped at the chance and said YES! I love collecting and trying new recipes.  

Pam (my email buddy) sends me delicious and amazing recipes every month.  She also includes very helpful kitchen tips and tricks.  I have grown to really love and look forward to these emails each month.  

This past month Pam sent me this delicious recipe for a Greek Pasta Bake and I tried it out over the weekend.  It was SO yummy! I also think this would be a great dish for a shower or a pot luck.
  
Greek Pasta Bake

2 ½ cups uncooked penne pasta (8-oz)
3 cups fresh spinach, stems removed, torn into pieces (I used frozen spinach)
1 cup grape/cherry tomatoes, cut in half
OR 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained, chopped (I used 2 roma tomatoes)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp oregano
2 Tbl olive oil
1 pkg (4-oz) crumbled feta cheese (about 1 cup)
1 can (2 ¼-oz)sliced ripe olives, drained
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used turkey bacon to cut the fat a little)
1 cup roasted red peppers from jar, chopped
Shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish

Preheat oven to 350°.
In 4-qt saucepan, cook pasta as directed on package.  Cook until pasta is tender.  Drain; return to saucepan. 
Spray a 13x9-inch  (3-qt) glass baking dish with cooking spray.  Stir remaining ingredients into cooked pasta.  Pour into baking dish; spread evenly.  Bake uncovered 15 – 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.  Serve and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.





The Mister and I both really loved this meal...we will definitely be adding it to our meal plan rotation. 
Have you tried any new recipes lately?

Linking up to: Craft-O-Maniac , Skip to my Lou and Tasty Tuesdays



post signature

5 comments:

natasha {schue love} said...

Wow, this sounds SO good! Definitely trying soon! :)

Tonya said...

I am SO going to make this!! Immediately. It looks awesome. :)

Jenny said...

This looks and sounds so yummy!

Hannah said...

i am so picky...and not talented when it comes to cooking. i hope my boyfriend never reads your blog. he will see what other women have to offer cooking wise and leave me since the best i can do is mac and cheese! hahahah :)

Monica and Whitney said...

That looks amazing!

Ask the Duplex